Have you or someone that you love been seriously injured in a hunting accident that was caused by another individual?
Over the past 28 years, the Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at the law offices of O’Connor, Acciani & Levy have recovered tens of millions in compensation for our clients and work quickly to obtain your maximum damages amount.
The Ihea Ten Commandments
IHEA has a set of Ten Commandments that reduce hunting injuries and fatalities.
Hunters who don’t follow these rules have a higher risk of injury and death.
- Treat every gun as if it was loaded
- Be in control of your muzzle at all times; don’t pull a gun toward you by the muzzle
- Keep barrel and action free of obstructions
- Verify your target before pulling the trigger
- Disarm guns and store securely with safety engaged when not in use, both at home and in your vehicle
- Never point guns at items that you don’t intend to shoot
- Never climb or jump with a loaded gun
- Don’t shoot at hard, flat surfaces or water
- Stow guns and ammunition away from children and unsafe adults
- Don’t drink alcohol before or during shooting
Shotguns and rifles are the guns most often used in hunting accidents. Shooting injuries are commonly covered by a homeowners insurance policy. Individual hunting accident insurance policies are also available from hunting clubs and organizations.
What To Do After A Shooting Accident
Following a hunting injury, immediately file a police report and request copies of everything you sign. The Department of Environmental Conservation Hunting or the local authorities will often investigate this type of accident.
Because of ignorance of the law and their rights, many victims of hunting accidents are not compensated fairly. Our personal injury attorneys at O’Connor Acciani & Levy are aware of the complexities of the law and will defend you in your hearing and with intimidating insurance companies.
Contact Our Hunting Accident Lawyers Today
For more than two decades we have been helping injury victims and their families to obtain the justice they deserve and our legal professionals are ready to help you today.
If you have been injured with a firearm in a hunting-related accident, contact the personal injury lawyers at O’Connor Acciani & Levy Co., LPA by calling (877) 288-3241.
We will return your call promptly, often within 24 hours, and there is never a charge for the initial consultation.