A serious injury can drastically alter your life. You may face a challenging physical recovery involving countless painful procedures, hospital stays, operations, and physical therapy. You may also find yourself struggling with uncertainty, inadequacy, anger, depression, and anxiety. On top of that, an injury can cause financial difficulties as you try to pay for the treatments you need, especially if you are left unable to work while recovering.
If you suspect that somebody else is responsible for your injury, speak with a knowledgeable attorney at O’Connor, Acciani & Levy about your legal options. A Dayton personal injury lawyer could help you recover your financial losses in a civil suit against the at-fault person or company.
Common Causes of Injuries in Dayton
Our experienced local attorneys have helped file personal injury claims for various types of accidents. Some of the most common incidents include:
- Motor vehicle crashes
- Medical mistakes
- Slip and falls and other premises liability accidents
- Animal bites
- Sporting accidents
- Defective or damaged products
- Dangerous drugs
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Intentional violence, including gunshots and stabbing wounds
Our skilled legal team knows how to investigate accidents and apply the local laws when pursuing personal injury claims.
Steps in Bringing a Personal Injury Claim
Anytime a person’s negligent, intentional, or reckless misconduct seriously harms another person, the injured victim could pursue a civil suit against the at-fault party. To prevail, the plaintiff would need to show that the at-fault party’s wrongful actions more likely than not caused the injury.
At O’Connor, Acciani & Levy, our skilled lawyers have extensive experience helping injured claimants receive the compensation they deserve by taking the following steps:
- Determine the cause of the injury: a lawyer would comb through the relevant evidence and speak with all available witnesses to determine what caused the accident that led to the injury.
- Identify who is liable: an attorney would analyze whether the evidence indicates that anyone else bears legal responsibility for the accident.
- Evaluate the severity of the injury: our team would meet with a claimant’s doctors to review the severity of the injury in order to determine the impact on the claimant’s life.
- Determine the value of a claimant’s case: after evaluating the severity of the injury, our attorneys would examine other losses from the accident. This could include lost income or medical bills, as well as other intangible losses such as pain and suffering.
- Negotiate: if appropriate, our attorneys could skillfully and aggressively negotiate with the other side to reach a fair settlement agreement.
- Try the case: if the defendant or their insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, our attorneys would be ready to take the case to trial.
Let an Ohio Personal Injury Attorney Assist You
The role of a Dayton personal injury lawyer is to fight for the compensation that an injured claimant deserves and needs. If you suffered serious harm because of another person’s negligence, reach out to a legal team you can trust. The lawyers at O’Connor, Acciani & Levy are prepared to advocate on your behalf and protect your rights. Call us today to review the details of your case and see if you have a viable claim for damages.