If you’re one of the millions of people with a disability in the United States, then you may look to Social Security payments to cover everyday costs like medication, medical care or even food.
However, many initial Social Security applications are denied, even when the applicant has a legitimate disability.
If you have been denied Social Security payments you should consider seeking the help of an experienced Social Security lawyer to increase the chances of acceptance when you reapply or appeal your case.
For more information, call our Social Security Disability lawyers today at (877) 288-3241.
Common Reasons For Denied Benefits
The Social Security Administration (SSA) routinely denies benefits to applicants to supposedly unqualified applicants.
The SSA reviews each applicants age, medical condition, work history and military history. If the SSA judges that the applicant does not qualify for Social Security in any or all of these categories, then it will deny the claim.
The SSA also denies claims because:
- The applicants income was too high, or the applicant had too many other assets.
- The applicants disability is not severe enough.
- The applicant has not contacted the Social Security office.
A lot of applicants are denied Social Security benefits because they don’t fully understand the complicated application process.
A recent report by the office of the Social Security Inspector General found that up to 78% of Social Security applicants have a hard time understanding the application, or have difficulty reading or understanding the forms.
How We Can Help You
If you’ve been denied Social Security benefits for one or all of the reasons above or even if you need help starting a new claim, you should seriously consider contacting an experienced Social Security lawyer before you reapply.
Having a Social Security lawyer on your side will greatly improve your chances of being granted Social Security benefits because:
- An attorney can help you develop medical evidence. If your claim was denied by Social Security because there was not enough evidence of your disability, then your lawyer will help you to find stronger proof by gathering additional medical evidence.
- Social Security lawyers have experience with your type of case. The Social Security lawyers of O’Connor, Acciani & Levy Co., LPA have handled thousands of cases over the years. Our experience helps us to spot the errors in your application and correct them. Your attorney will also be able to spot any disabilities you may have left out of your original application which may help to prove your case.
Social Security attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. That means that our lawyers don’t collect a fee unless your Social Security benefits application is approved. We offer free consultations, which are a good opportunity for you to ask any questions about your case.
If you have been denied Social Security benefits, then call O’Connor, Acciani & Levy at (877) 288-3241.