If a medical professional caused you to suffer an injury during a medical procedure or during the course of treatment, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit to recover compensation.
Our Columbus medical malpractice lawyers have decades of experience fighting for the rights of people who were injured due to negligence. All of our clients are entitled to a free claim review and will not be charged legal fees unless we obtain fair compensation. To learn more schedule a consultation with our legal team in Columbus today.
EXAMPLES OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
Medical malpractice can be committed by any medical professional, including surgeons, doctors, nurses, pharmacists and technicians, among others. Malpractice can occur at any point during your medical treatment and can include:
- Prescription errors
- Poor or incorrect analysis of medical imaging and test results
- Leaving surgical instruments inside of patients
- Operating on a patient without a plan
- Performing surgery with unsanitary tools
- Failing to monitor patients for problems or signs of distress
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition or disease
- Performing unnecessary surgery
- Operating without the informed consent of the patient
- Dental negligence
- Anesthesia errors
These errors and negligent actions can cause many severe injuries, including:
- Spinal cord damage
- Life-threatening infections
These injuries can lead to permanent disability and death in some cases. That is why victims and their loved ones should meet with a skilled attorney to find out their legal options.
If you suffered an injury due to medical malpractice, our Columbus attorneys may be able to pursue a legal claim to recover fair compensation for injuries and other damages you have suffered.
If you lost a loved one because of medical malpractice, our lawyers may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the medical professionals responsible for your loss.
ELEMENTS OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
Proving that a medical professional committed medical malpractice is more complicated than simply showing that the medical professional made a mistake or error in judgment.
Your Columbus lawyer must establish the four elements of medical negligence, including:
- The medical professional had a duty of care. A duty of care is an obligation to provide the same level of care that another medical professional would in a similar situation. In other words, the medical professional had an obligation to perform within accepted medical standards.
- The duty of care was breached. Your attorney must show that the medical professional did not perform within accepted medical standards.
- The breach of the duty of care was the primary cause of your injuries. Your attorney may have to counter arguments from the defense that your injuries were caused by something other than the actions of the defendant.
- Your injury resulted in damages. In a medical malpractice case, damages can include things like medical bills, lost earning capacity, and pain and suffering.
These cases can become very complex, and that is why our attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation to gather all of the necessary evidence to bolster your claim. We also have access to medical experts who can help us show when negligence occurred and how it contributed to your injuries.
COMPENSATION FOR MEDICAL ERRORS
If you suffered an injury from medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation to help cover the costs of the damages caused by your injury.
Compensation could help you pay for:
- Surgery and related medical expenses
- Doctor’s visits
- Home health care expenses
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
In wrongful death cases, loved ones of the victim could be entitled to compensation for loss of companionship, lost insurance and retirement benefits, and other damages that result from the loss of a loved one.
Our Columbus attorneys have seen the damage caused by medical negligence and we know how important compensation is when it comes to helping victims recover physically, financially and emotionally.
That is why we will aggressively pursue all of the compensation you are entitled and will not settle for anything less. If we are unable to achieve a fair settlement, we are fully prepared to take your claim to court in order to achieve justice.
CONTACT A COLUMBUS MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY RIGHT AWAY
If you have been injured because of medical negligence, you are suffering physically and financially. Your injuries could be very painful and treating them could get very expensive. Also, your injuries might be preventing you from working to support your family.
That is why you should contact our Columbus medical malpractice lawyers right away to find out how we can help you.
If you have a valid claim, our attorneys have the resources, knowledge and experience to aggressively fight for all of the compensation you are entitled.