If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma and you think it was caused by exposure to asbestos at work, our Columbus mesothelioma lawyers may be able to help you.
Contact us to review your claim in a free, no obligation legal consultation. Our injury attorneys have the experience you need to successfully pursue compensation for the damages you have suffered. We will not charge legal fees unless we are successful.
Jobs with a High Risk for Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos was used in many industries until the mid-1970s. However, workers in the following industries faced a much higher risk of direct or indirect exposure to asbestos:
- Insulation manufacturing
- Air conditioning repair
- Car repair
- Car manufacturing
Even employees who did not work directly with materials that contained asbestos were at risk of being exposed, as asbestos fibers could become airborne and be easily inhaled by other employees at a factory or job site.
The use of asbestos in these industries is almost totally indefensible considering the fact that there was medical evidence as far back as the 1920s linking asbestos exposure to mesothelioma. Companies that continued to use this harmful mineral either knew or should have known about the danger.
That is why our Columbus mesothelioma attorneys will work tirelessly to investigate your claim to build the strongest case possible so we can obtain maximum compensation.
Why You Need a Columbus Mesothelioma Attorney
If you want your mesothelioma legal claim to have the best chance of success, you need to consult an experienced attorney in Columbus who can guide you through the legal process. There are several avenues for pursuing mesothelioma compensation, including filing a claim with an asbestos trust, filing a mesothelioma lawsuit, and negotiating a settlement.
We will carefully review your situation to find out if you have a valid legal claim. If you do, we will take the appropriate steps to handle your claim, which may include:
- Compiling medical evidence. We will compile the appropriate medical records on you or your loved one’s mesothelioma diagnosis. If necessary, we can consult a medical expert to create a detailed report explaining how the diagnosis is related to asbestos exposure.
- Finding out when and where you were exposed to asbestos. This is one of the toughest parts of any mesothelioma claim, as victims usually do not develop mesothelioma until decades after being exposed to asbestos and many of the companies that used asbestos have gone out of business. Fortunately, our lawyers know how to research companies that no longer exist and find out if they used products containing asbestos.
- Filing a claim with an asbestos trust. Many companies that used asbestos have established trust funds to compensate victims and families of those who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- Filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. If your asbestos exposure is linked to a company that has not created a trust, our attorneys can file a lawsuit to pursue fair compensation.
- Negotiate a fair settlement. Many companies settle asbestos lawsuits before going to trial because it is less expensive. While our lawyers are willing to settle, we will not accept a lowball offer. We arrive at negotiations knowing exactly how much compensation you are entitled.
If we are unable to negotiate a fair settlement, given the damages you have suffered, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial to pursue justice. Our dedicated attorneys will always put your best interests at the forefront of everything we do.
Forms of Compensation
A settlement or legal claim for mesothelioma could recover various forms of compensation, including past, current, and future medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you lost a loved one to asbestos-linked mesothelioma, our Columbus lawyers may be able to recover wrongful death compensation, including:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Lost financial support
- Pain and suffering
If the negligence in your case was particularly extreme, you may be entitled to punitive damages that are designed to punish the defendant and discourage similar behavior by others.
Schedule a Consultation with a Columbus Mesothelioma Lawyer
At O’Connor, Acciani & Levy, we have a firm commitment to holding employers accountable for negligence that causes injury or death. We also want victims to have fair compensation so they have financial stability as they attempt to move forward with their lives.
Our Columbus mesothelioma lawyers will carefully review your claim to find out how we can help you. We will always put your best interests first and we will not charge legal fees unless we obtain fair compensation or a favorable verdict.