One of the biggest dangers to a consumer is a defective product. The product could cause severe injury and death if it malfunctions or does not have a proper warning label. If you have been injured or lost a loved one to a defective product, legal action should be taken against the manufacturer to hold them responsible.
Our Covington product liability lawyers understand the severity of defective products and will provide you with legal representation that could maximize the compensation you may be entitled. Our experienced injury attorneys will offer you a free, no obligation consultation where we review your claim and determine if you have a case.
FILING A PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIM
Manufacturers who use cheap parts and labor have taken advantage of your trust in their product as a consumer. The best way to bring the responsible party to justice is by filing a claim that will hold them accountable for the harm they have caused by their negligence.
Filing a claim against these companies can be a difficult process. The manufacturer will have a legal team at its disposal to defend its interests. If you wish to file a product liability claim, there are three grounds that you can use:
- Strict product liability: the distributor or manufacturer of a defective product is liable to a person injured by that product regardless of whether the defendant did everything possible to make sure the defect never happened.
- Negligence: Failing to behave with the level of care that someone would have exercised under the same circumstances.
- Breach of warranty: The promise between a consumer and manufacturer or distributor of a product has been broken.
In order to have grounds for filing a defective product, you must have evidence of the manufacturer’s mistakes. For a successful claim to be filed, you need to be able to prove:
- The defect that caused the injury occurred while the product was being used properly.
- The product contains an unreasonably dangerous defect that caused the injury.
- No alterations were made to the product from the condition in which it was originally sold.
Kentucky law has statutes of limitations that limit how long you have to file a claim. If you wait too long, you will lose your opportunity to file a claim and receive compensation.
Our Covington lawyers will help you every step of the way when filing your claim against a dishonest product manufacturer that caused you or your family harm.
TYPES OF PRODUCT LIABILITY
There are many points during the planning, manufacturing and sale of a product that can cause a product to be defective. Because of this, there are three main types of defects that courts use when determining liability:
- Design defects: A problem with the product’s design that makes it dangerous to the consumer.
- Manufacturing defects: A defect in the design of a product that was not intended.
- False Advertising: Marketing and publicly distributing a product in a misleading way.
Our experienced attorneys in Covington have worked with many victims of defective products and have witnessed firsthand the harm that can happen. We will investigate the cause of the defect and the company that was responsible. The complete resources of our legal team will be devoted to helping you seek justice.
TYPES OF DANGEROUS DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
There are many products that are commonly revealed to be defective and cause consumers a great amount of harm. Whether it is a medical device, heavy machinery or vehicle parts, the possibility of a consumer purchasing or operating a dangerous defective product is a very real possibility. Some of the most common defective products include:
- Car seats
- Automotive parts
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Medical devices
- Toys for children
- Food products
If you have been a victim or lost a loved one to a defective product, you should seek legal help. Our lawyers in Covington have more than 30 years of combined legal experience that will be crucial in helping you hold negligent product companies liable.
CONTACT OUR COVINGTON PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEYS
The implication of a defective product is that the harm it caused could have been prevented if the responsible parties had not acted negligently. The Covington product liability lawyers at O’ Connor, Acciani & Levy will fight for your right to justice against those that caused you harm. We provide you with a free consultation where we review your case to determine if you are entitled to compensation and what your next steps are.