In a heavily populated state like Ohio, car crashes inevitably occur. Although many collisions are minor, some can cause catastrophic or even fatal injuries to those involved.
If you or someone in your family recently sustained serious harm in a motor vehicle crash, discuss your situation with a Dayton car accident lawyer. If another party bears legal responsibility for the wreck, a skilled attorney at O’Connor, Acciani & Levy can help you pursue financial damages to cover your losses.
Most Common Types of Car Wrecks in Dayton
Our seasoned local attorneys have a successful track record of helping families recover compensation after many different types of car crashes. Some of the common types of wrecks we have handled include:
- Rear-end crashes: also called fender benders, these collisions are common in bumper-to-bumper traffic. When the trailing car is traveling at high speed, catastrophic damage can occur upon impact with the vehicle in front.
- Front-end crashes: head-on collisions often cause horrific injuries and even death. Occupants of both vehicles involved are put at serious risk of harm.
- Side-impact crashes: victims of T-bone crashes often suffer catastrophic injuries because most cars only offer minimal protection on the sides of the vehicle.
- Fixed object crashes: many crashes occur when people strike fixed objects, such as trees, fences, or telephone poles.
- Parking lot accidents: accidents frequently occur as drivers back out of their parking spots.
- Pedestrian, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents: when cars strike other motorists or people on foot, devastating injuries can occur because cyclists, motorcycle riders, and pedestrians have nothing to shield them from the impact.
The experienced attorneys at our firm understand the challenges involved in recovering from devastating car accidents. We can use our experience to pursue sufficient damages for all of an injured person’s physical, emotional, and financial losses. A successful claim for compensation can help a car accident victim to move forward with their life.
What Causes Car Wrecks?
The majority of car wrecks in Dayton occur because of negligent or reckless driver errors, such as the following:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Unsafe lane changes, such as changing without checking mirrors
- Failure to yield or stop as required at an intersection or right of way
- Road rage
Even when all drivers obey the rules of the road, crashes could occur due to bad weather, roadway defects, or damaged car parts. Our skilled lawyers in the area can visit the crash scene and review all pertinent evidence, such as police reports, medical records, and eyewitness testimony. A dedicated car crash attorney would then work to identify the cause of the accident. If evidence indicates that another driver or a third party bears legal liability for causing the accident, our legal team can help an injured victim pursue compensation from the responsible parties.
Reach Out to a Dayton Car Accident Attorney Today
If you suffered injuries in a serious traffic crash, reach out to a Dayton car accident lawyer to learn your legal options. You could be eligible to receive financial compensation from the person who caused your accident. A skilled attorney at O’Connor, Acciani & Levy can review your circumstances and advise you on strategies for getting the compensation you need to recover. Call us today for more information.