WHAT ARE EXAMPLES OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE?
Medical malpractice encompasses a large variety of cases concerning professional negligence by medical practitioners or health care facilities. Our attorneys regularly see medical malpractice claims regarding:
- Misdiagnosis: The patient’s condition is incorrectly diagnosed.
- Delayed diagnosis: The patient’s condition is diagnosed too late and is not provided the proper treated needed to heal his or her condition.
- Childbirth injuries: A member of the medical staff makes a mistake delivering a newborn child and causes the child to suffer an injury or birth defect.
- Medication errors: The treating physician prescribes the wrong type or dosage of medication.
- Anesthesia errors: The anesthesiologist supplies the patient with an incorrect dose of anesthesia. This can result in serious life-long impairment or death.
- Surgery errors: The surgeon makes an error, such as operating on the wrong body part or leaving a surgical tool inside the patient.